A common method of logging reason codes is to create a laminated sheet of paper with barcodes for every reason code and using an RS-232 interface barcode scanner to scan those barcodes. This step by step procedure describes how to generate and print barcodes for setting reason codes using the XL web page interface.
Only reason codes that have been programmed to the XL device are available for barcode printing. If you have any unsaved changes, you should program them to the device before continuing (seeProgramming Configuration to Device) to ensure that all reason codes are available for barcode printing.
- Log in to the web page interface as Administrator (see Logging in to the Web Page Interface).
- Navigate to Administer | Configure Device | Production Monitor | Reasons.
Choose the production state for the barcodes that you want to print in the Select Production State drop down list.
- Click the Print Barcodes... button. This will open the Print Barcodes wizard.
- Select the items that you want to print. Only the ones that are checked will be printed.
- Select the information (if any) you would like to appear in the page header, including an optional comment.
- Click the Generate Barcodes button.
- Click the Print button. A page will open with the barcodes.
- Choose the printer that you would like to use and then print the barcodes.