This step by step procedure describes how to generate and print job barcodes using the XL web page interface. The barcodes can be used to quickly start a new production job with preconfigured settings. They can be scanned with a standard barcode scanner such as the one available in any of the XL Barcode Kits.
Jobs that are either run regularly or whose settings are known in advance are the best candidates for job barcodes. If a job is intended to be run immediately and only once, a job barcode might not be useful. For such cases, the Administer | Settings | Job page offers an easier way to start a new job with custom on-the-fly settings.
- Log in to the web page interface as Administrator (see Logging in to the Web Page Interface).
- Navigate to Administer | Configure Device | Production Monitor | Jobs.
- Click the Print Barcodes... button. This will open the Print Barcodes wizard.
- Select the items that you want to print. Only the ones that are checked will be printed.
- Select the information (if any) you would like to appear in the page header, including an optional comment.
- Click the Generate Barcodes button.
- Click the Print button. A page will open with the barcodes.
- Choose the printer that you would like to use and then print the barcodes.